Friday, February 10, 2012

Art Websites

It seems I've created profiles on most of the art websites, but there is one that has stood out among the others in terms of professionalism, pizazz (did I just use that word?), and user friend...li...ness...(I told you I'm not a writer, but you get my point, right?). I've listed three that I've used in the past/present...



 Zazzle - I use zazzle to order my own magnets, since they seem reasonably priced. The magnets are hefty things, not just a magnetized business card. The kind you actually buy in stores nice. I don't really sell anything there, so I can't comment on any of those aspects, but I do offer notecards and magnets.

CafePress - one of the first sites I added my art, mainly for notecards, but I got too crazy with the other merchandise, so I added tshirts and some other items. Honestly, I can't tell you what's there right now. The website became too time consuming and confusing to me...too many choices muddled my mind. I think it's easier now to navigate, but I haven't taken the time to play around. I did sell a few things there, but I think mainly tshirts.

Fine Art America - one of my favorite places because of simplicity. It's just a site to sell/buy prints, originals, and cards. Period. I have most of my art there (which isn't saying a whole lot). It does not have any of my earlier pieces - either because I don't have a high resolution image to upload, or because it didn't make sense to put a portrait on there if I sell prints. To be honest, I've sold one thing, and it made my month! I mean, really, I'm an artist! I'm just another guppy in a sea of guppies and fish and...whales. Anytime someone takes time to look at my art (in a good way) makes my day.

---------------
EDIT: In order to create this post, I had to go to my websites to get the links. CafePress has updated quite a bit! I may have to add more stuff there, but I might take out those aprons...

No comments: